CMA/ASCAP Awards for Adventurous Programming
The CMA/ASCAP Awards for Adventurous Programming recognize ensembles and presenters for outstanding and innovative approaches to the programming of contemporary classical, jazz, and world chamber music.
The award recipients will receive $500 and a commemorative plaque, and will be honored in New York City at the CMA National Conference, January 15–18, 2015.
One award is given in each of the following categories:
· Contemporary—for groups specializing in contemporary classical chamber music
· Jazz—for groups performing their own chamber jazz compositions and/or contemporary works by other jazz composers
· Mixed Repertory—for groups performing both traditional and contemporary classical chamber music
Two awards—one to a large presenter (more than 10 concerts per year) and one to a small presenter (5–10 concerts)—are given in each of the following categories:
· Contemporary—for presenters specializing in contemporary classical chamber music
· Jazz—for presenters programming primarily contemporary chamber jazz
· Mixed Repertory—for presenters programming contemporary classical, along with traditional classical, jazz, and world chamber music