CMA/ASCAP Awards for Adventurous Programming
The CMA/ASCAP Awards for Adventurous Programming recognize ensembles and presenters for outstanding and innovative approaches to the programming of contemporary classical, jazz, and world chamber music.
The 2016 award recipients will receive $500 and a commemorative plaque, and will be honored in New York City at the CMA National Conference, January 7-10, 2016.
One award is given in each of the following categories:
· Contemporary—for groups specializing in contemporary classical chamber music
· Jazz—for groups performing their own chamber jazz compositions and/or contemporary works by other jazz composers
· Mixed Repertory—for groups performing both traditional and contemporary classical chamber music
Two awards—one to a large presenter (more than 10 concerts per year) and one to a small presenter (5–10 concerts)—are given in each of the following categories:
· Contemporary—for presenters specializing in contemporary classical chamber music
· Jazz—for presenters programming primarily contemporary chamber jazz
· Mixed Repertory—for presenters programming contemporary classical, along with traditional classical, jazz, and world chamber music