Dark Circuits Festival June 14-23
Sunday, June 22, 2014
From June 14 through 23, 2014, Hans Tammen’s DARK CIRCUITS FESTIVAL features performers who work in contemporary electronic music practices such as circuit bending, no-input mixers, laptops, turntablism, analogue circuitry, network sniffers, live coding and soldering, plus other instruments we may have never heard of yet. http://www.darkcircuitsfestival.com
- [Jun 14/15] Workshop: Pure DatrocessorduinoMOS at Harvestworks
- [Jun 16] Concert: Joker Nies & Miguel Frasconi’s Omnichord Madness at Harvestworks.
- [Jun 17] Concert/Lecture/Screening: Michael Vorfeld’s Light Bulb Music at REVERSE
- [Jun 18] Concert/Party: Dark Circuits Festival Party at Silent Barn
- [Jun 19] Concert: Andrea Parkins / Matthew Ostrowski, Vortex, and the LittleBits Quartet at Spectrum
- [Jun 20] Concert: Die Schrauber, w/Paul Geluso, Michael Vorfeld and Satoshi Takeishi at Outpost Artist Resources
- [Jun 21] Workshop/Concert: MakeMusicNY and Dark Circuits Festival at The Firehouse
- [Jun 22] APHERESIS: littleBits Monster Synth & Third Eye Dark Circuits Orchestra at Eyebeam’s CT-SWaM
- [Jun 23] Concert: Lars Graugaard, Jean-Michel Pilc, Philip White at Shapeshifter
- [Jun 23] CT-SWaM at Eyebeam: The Last Picnic (Goodbye Chelsea)
APHERESIS is a large multi-movement piece by Hans Tammen for 14 performers of custom-made electronic instruments, combining contemporary electronic music practices such as circuit bending, no-input mixers, laptops, turntablism, analogue circuitry, network sniffers and synthesis to produce sounds electronically. Matthew Ostrowski,Andrea Parkins, Dafna Naphtali, Miguel Frasconi, Phillip Stearns, Philip White, Joshua Fried, Shoko Nagai, Maria Chavez, Satoshi Takeishi, Joker Nies, Mario DeVega, Lars Graugaard and Michael Vorfeld will perform the piece. However, prior to that, the ensemble will present their own version of “live coding” by creating a “littleBits Monster Synth” from over 200 modules of the popular Korg littleBits synth. More Information.