Japanese Music, Past and Present
Saturday, February 01, 2014
General admission $10
Free with Tufts ID card
As part of our residency at Tufts University, we will be giving a recital at the beautiful Distler Performance Hall. The program includes many new pieces that we added to our repertoire in 2014, such as "Bamboo and Silk Tango," a piece arranged for koto and cello for us by Martin Max Schreiner - composer of the original music and a Boston resident.
We are very excited to meet students and faculties of Tufts and to present our music to Boston audiences!
- Riding the Southern Winds (Marty Regan)
- Akashi (Kitajima Kengyo)
- Kitsune-tsuki (Takatomi Nobunaga)
- Dance of Light (Hiroki Tamaki)
- Honju (Minoru Miki)
- Sonata for solo cello (Michio Mamiya)
- Bamboo and Silk Tango, Again: new partner (Martin Max Schreiner)