The Virtuoso Clarinetist
Tuesday, November 19, 2013
Ticket Price: $62, $48, $30
David Shifrin and Friends
The dark, rich tone of the clarinet truly sings in the hands of master instrumentalist David Shifrin. He shares the stage with both colleagues and protégés in this broad program that highlights the range of clarinet chamber music repertoire – from the comical to the sublime.
Pre-Concert Composer Chat with Lowell Liebermann and Christopher Theofanidis at 6:30 PM in the Rose Studio, free for ticket holders.
- Mozart Adagio in B-flat major for Two Clarinets and Three Basset Horns, K. 411 (1782)
- Mozart “Parto! Ma tu ben mio” from La clemenza di Tito, K. 621 for Mezzo-Soprano, Clarinet, and Piano (1791)
- Poulenc Sonata for Two Clarinets (1918, rev. 1945)
- Stravinsky Berceuses du chat (Cat’s Cradle Songs) for Voice and Three Clarinets (1915)
- Liebermann New Work for Mezzo-Soprano, Clarinet, and Piano Quartet (2013) (New York Premiere)
- Theofanidis New Work for Two Clarinets and String Quartet (2013) (New York Premiere)
- Mendelssohn Concertpiece No. 1 in F minor for Clarinet, Basset Horn, and Piano, Op. 113 (1832)
- Mendelssohn Selected Songs for Mezzo-Soprano and Piano
- Ponchielli Il Convegno (The Meeting), Divertimento for Two Clarinets and Strings (1868)