Submission Guidelines & Advertising
CHAMBER MUSIC SUBMISSIONS AND EDITORIAL QUERIES
Articles in Chamber Music Magazine are usually assigned to professional writers by the editor, but we are also open to receiving story ideas and to reviewing unsolicited manuscripts. We publish articles on all styles of ensemble music, the arts in general, and non-musical issues that relate to music professionals' lives and careers.
Chamber Music also welcomes desk copies of new books for evaluating and suggestions of new books to review. The magazine does not review CDs, but publishes two recordings columns ("High Fidelity," by James M. Keller, and "Jazzin' Around," by Gene Santoro) that address recorded music by topic.
Editor, Chamber Music magazine
Chamber Music America
12 West 32nd Street, 7th Floor
New York, NY 10001-3813
Submit Story Queries
With a subscriber base of nearly 6,000, Chamber Music is an information center for performers, artist managers, concert presenters, educators, composers, instrument makers, and numerous other music-related enterprises. It is the ideal print and Internet medium for informing professionals about what's new and what's best—in concert venues, festivals, training programs, new products, and professional services.
1. National Conference Issue
2. Festival Issue: Directory of Festivals, Schools, and Workshops
3. Education Issue: Conservatories and training programs
4. Membership Directory
For more information contact Brenden O'Hanlon.
|Page||Black & White||4-Color|
1. Email a 300 dpi PDF file to Brenden O'Hanlon
2. All fonts must be embedded
3. CMYK color
4. Grey-scale if ad is black & white
ADVERTISING DUE DATES
Winter issue (Chamber Music America Conference issue): Ad space reservation deadline 11/5.
Material deadline 11/22.
Spring issue (festivals and training issue): Ad space reservation deadline 2/15.
Material deadline 2/22.
Summer issue (education issue): Ad space reservation deadline 5/15.
Material deadline 5/22.
Fall issue (Chamber Music America Directory): Ad space reservation deadline 8/1.
Material deadline 8/15.
|Full-page non bleed||7 3/4" x 10 3/8”|
|Full-page bleed||8.5” x 11.125”|
|1/2 page horizontal||7.25” x 4.75”|
|1/2 page vertical||3.625” x 9.625”|
|1/3 page vertical||2.375” x 9.625”|
|1/3 page square||4.75” x 4.75”|
|1/4 page vertical||3.625” x 4.75”|
1. Trim size: 8 1/4" x 10 7/8”
2. Allow additional 1/8” on all sides for bleed ads
3. Two columns: 4 1/4"; column depth 8 3/4”
4. Printing and binding: web offset; saddle stitched
5. Acceptable material: PDFs, Photoshop TIFFs
6. Fractional ads must be bordered on all sides and non-bleed